Gym bunnies unite! The Adelaide Fitness Expo is returning for its third year, promising an action-packed weekend. If you’re into fitness, wellbeing and healthy living, then this is an event you won’t want to miss.
The two-day expo, to be held at the Adelaide Showgrounds on May 14-15th includes a wide array of activities and entertainment including presentations by Damon Gameau, the film director of That Sugar Film and former AFL Premiership player, Glenn Manton. Amanda Allen will also be there to tell her incredible story about how she went from being an addict to CrossFit champion at 41 years old.
Adelaide fitness goddess, Dasha Gaivoronski will host a boot camp on Saturday at 9am, with a portion of ticket sales to be donated to Little Heroes, a foundation supporting ill children.
The strongmen will also make an appearance, ready to astound and excite the crowd by lifting cars, pulling petrol tankers and carrying 620 kilos. On top of that, they promise to break at least 6 world records over the weekend. That’s enough for you to question whether ‘you even lift, bro’?
Come watch the Australian Arm-Wrestling Championships too! It’s a far cry from the arm-bending shenanigans often seen at your local.
Other Adelaide Fitness Expo events and activities include:
• Boxing, CrossFit, dance, bodybuilding and fitness competitions
• A Kids Zone to entertain the little ones
• SA Open Judo Championships – see the sport UFC Champion Ronda Rousey grew up loving.
• Adelaide Pole Fitness Challenge – open to men, women, professionals and amateurs who have 2.5 minutes to strut their stuff. Work dat pole girl!
• Australian Fitness Titles – the first National South Australian Open and Advanced Competition with entrants from across Australia, including Amanda Allen.
• World Fitness Federation 2016 Asia Pacific Championships – a huge two-day event with the Bikini and Sports Model category on Saturday 14 May and Bodybuilding and Figure on Sunday 15 May.
• Stalls showcasing sport and fitness equipment, fitness classes, apparel, sportswear and nutritional products.
The Adelaide Fitness Expo is not just for gym junkies and has something exciting to offer everyone.
Pre-purchase tickets online now to avoid paying more at the door. Tickets are $15 for a Saturday or Sunday only pass or $25 for a weekend pass!