So, you’ve probably seen the banners around town and pamphlets all over the shops, but you might be asking what exactly is Vogue Festival? Well, we’re here to tell you why Rundle Mall‘s Vogue Fest is going to be one of the most anticipated events on Adelaide’s fashion calendar this year.
Vogue Festival officially launches with Jennifer Hawkins and Vogue Editor Edwina McCann
Okay, so that’s exciting. For those who know a little or a lot about the Australian fashion world, welcoming Jennifer Hawkins and Edwina McCann to Adelaide is a huge deal! I mean, even having Vogue Australia involved with Adelaide Fashion Festival in itself is such an exciting opportunity for the Adelaide fashion crowd.
Known for her Miss Universe win, television persona, explosive modelling career and all round boss-lady demeanour, Jen has been an iconic name in the Australian fashion industry for a long time. On the other hand, Edwina is the woman behind the scenes making things happen in the Australian fashion scene as Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Australia.
Happening on Friday October the 13th from 12PM under the Gawler Place canopy, Rundle Mall, the Vogue Fest launch will be one not to miss. Oh, and there will also be a special performance by the Australian Ballet on the day which we simply cannot wait for!
Over 150 retailers are taking part in the festival
Yep, that’s right, over 150 retailers are taking part over the two day festival!
Current participating retailers across Rundle Mall and Rundle Street/East End include David Jones, Myer, Adelaide Central Plaza, Rundle Place, Adidas, Hype DC, Jo Mercer, Lululemon, Nine West, Review, Sportsgirl, Sussan, The Body Shop, Wittner, Haigh’s Chocolates, AJE, The BNKR Store, Sass & Bide, Ted Baker, Tiffany & Co, Zimmerman and more.
Retailer involvement means special offers… and a lot of them!
As shoppers verging on shopaholic-olism (wow, that’s probably not a word), there is absolutely nothing more we love than a good special or cheeky freebie. Retailers will be doing special offers all throughout the duration of the festival, such as:
- The Daily Edited providing Vogue Fest attendees a complimentary bag tag which can be monogrammed with initials while enjoying the festival near David Jones
- Festival-goers picking up refreshments from Espresso Martini Van between shopping near Sportsgirl
- A complimentary styling session and bespoke hair tutorial from Dyson Supersonic Hair Lab near Nespresso
- The Levi’s Tailor Shop (outside Levi’s) offering attendees funky patches to personalise your denim clothing
- Jurlique offering mini pamper sessions near Adelaide Central Plaza to promote their spring skincare range
- Media Makeup offering express make-overs during the festival with a pop-up near Myer (gonna need that with all our rushing around for sure!)
Let’s not forget the competitions
In celebration of it being the very first Vogue Festival, Rundle Mall and Flight Centre are giving one lucky person the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime getaway for two to a fashion capital (think Paris, Milan, New York or London.. ahh travel dreams made come true) valued at $10,000. The competition is open now; enter here!
For more information, be sure to visit rundlemall.com/vogue. We’ll see you in the Rundle Mall/Street precinct on 13th and 14th of October for all the Vogue fashion festivities!