We’ve been Happy Way fans since way back in 2017, and we’re so happy to see them grow into the protein magnates they are now. From starting with a few delicious, colourfully-packed protein powders to offering the extensive range of health and fitness products they do now, Happy Way are definitely our go-to for tasty snacks, shakes and supplements.
So, why Happy Way? Amongst a sea of black, boring and masculine protein products, founders Ben Germein and Hien Nguyen wanted to create a product that not only stood out in a fun way, but energises, motivates and tastes delicious. Minus all the nasties and unnecessary additives, of course. There’s nothing more we love than a product that actually works AND looks good sitting in our kitchen pantry.
We’ve tried a couple of the Happy Way products, from the protein powders to the Charge Up range (like pre-workout, but much better), and so far our fave product is the Choc Pea Princess Protein Powder. It’s totally vegan and uses a blend of pea protein and rice protein (meaning if lactose causes you to bloat, there’s no whey in here), along with cacao, chia seeds, psyllium husk and maca powder, making it more than just a tasty protein shake.
Simply drinking it with water is delicious of course – we usually shake it up with a couple of ice cubes in there to ensure it’s super cold and refreshing, exactly like a vegan chocolate milkshake. However, to really level up your protein game, we tried out a recipe for some decadent, flourless chocolate protein brownies that are gooey, chewy, and absolutely divine. Check out the recipe below to try them out for yourself!
Happy Way Choc Protein Brownies
- 2 scoops Happy Way Choc Pea Princess Protein Powder
- 6 bananas
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup choc chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a baking pan (or line with baking paper)
- Break up the bananas into small pieces and mash in a large mixing bowl
- Add the cocoa powder, almond butter and protein powder and mix into the mashed banana
- Stir through the choc chips
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 20 minutes
- Once removed from oven, press down on top to create a flat surfance
- Wait to cool, then slice and enjoy!